Filtering Connect syscalls for af_inet only

Paul Moore paul at paul-moore.com
Thu Feb 5 15:38:54 UTC 2015

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 10:31 AM, F Rafi <farhanible at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ahh..thanks Paul!
>
> Is there a better way to intercept outbound network access calls while
> avoiding af_unix?

I'm not sure, I'm not overly familiar with the auditd/auditctl
filtering capabilities.  There are several people on this list that
are far more knowledgeable about that than me.

> I assume sockaddr_storage is just a different size (I think 128?)

The idea behind the sockaddr_storage struct was to create a structure
that could be used to represent any address family that the system
supports.  I don't believe there is a standard size across OSes due to
different level of support, padding, etc; in other words, it's
probably best not to rely on a specific size of sockaddr_storage.

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com