Linux audit performance impact

Viswanath, Logeswari P (MCOU OSTL) logeswari.pv at hp.com
Tue Feb 17 13:10:21 UTC 2015

I agree that changing the formatting of the records could break the existing applications
that consume them, and I didn't mean changing or eliminating of the formatting completely.
We agree that formatting is required for logging the records(as buffers) into the log files.
We are wondering if these records can be made available as RAW records so that the
analytical programs which are capable of reading them for processing can perform better.
This option of RAW mode for the events can be an additional option where, kauditd delivers
the audit buffer without formatting. Any comments on this?