Linux audit performance impact

Viswanath, Logeswari P (MCOU OSTL) logeswari.pv at hp.com
Mon Feb 23 13:28:47 UTC 2015

We believe this idea of "handing over the unformatted/binary audit record to audit user space"
gives flexibility to the audit user space to decide on how to handle it and brings
down the overhead that it causes to the system services.

We are also thinking to contribute to this change of linux audit implementation
with the experience of handling auditing on HP-UX.

Regards,
Logeswari.