CIS and audit rules

John Jasen jjasen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 23:01:50 UTC 2015

I've been testing a variant of the CIS benchmarks, supplemented (for
compliance reasons) by the NIST USGCB baselines.

I've also been testing auditd with setuid/setgid binaries.

Also as a potential replacement for aide (again, mostly compliance reasons).

Your use of auditd rules depends a lot on your drivers for doing so, and
your desired results.