Audit log Fields

Burn Alting burn at swtf.dyndns.org
Thu Feb 11 13:06:54 UTC 2016

Sowndarya,

Are you are asking how do you propose another public field name to be
added to the list in
https://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit/audit-events.txt ?

If so, I'd suggest you provide

a. Proposed field name
b. Description of it's content.
c. Describe how it's going to be used.

The list can then make comment and/or provide advice.

Steve,

Perhaps we could update the above document to advise users what they
should offer in such a proposal.

Perhaps further, we could offer a generic solution on how one could
define a 'non-public' field name. That is, a 'non-public' field is one
which could not, via it's nomenclature, conflict with a current or
future 'public' (aka published) field name. Such non-public fields could
then be used by capability that only needs the audit source and audit
consumer to be aware of the field.

Hopefully I am not reading too much into the original request.

Regards