Patch to auparse to handle out of order messages 3 of 3

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Thu Jan 7 23:44:24 UTC 2016

On Friday, January 08, 2016 10:05:13 AM Burn Alting wrote:
> Steve,
>
> Can I suggest you modify src/ausearch-lol.c:check_events() to add in the
> AUDIT_PROCTITLE check (will reduce memory overhead as events will be
> flushed faster).

OK. Good suggestion. The SVN repo has been updated.

> Also can we ask Richard put a comment into the appropriate location in
> the kernel code to indicate the link between ausearch/aurport/auparse
> depending on AUDIT_PROCTITLE being the last record of an event if
> present.

I'll let them answer.

That said one of the things I want to add in the next development cycle is the
ability to get rid of proctitle records if the admin wants to. They waste a
lot of space. But if they are missing then we have the same performance as we
did before I added this patch.

-Steve