audit.log with logrotate on CentOS

Ed Christiansen MS edwardc at ll.mit.edu
Thu May 26 16:01:55 UTC 2016

probably the easiest way to do that is:

1.  remove logrotate from /etc/cron.daily and put into root crontab:
1 0 * * 1 /usr/bin/logrotate

2.  write a script that implements the other logic and run it from root
cron a few minutes later.

I'd run a few tests with the logrotate to see how long it actually
takes, but that's because I can be a little extra paranoid.

There really isn't a way to ensure that you always get less than 4GB if
you rotate weekly.  You can approximate this with this: maxsize 4G,
which will rotate when the logfile reaches 4GB.