audit-tools and SUDO

Warron S French warron.s.french at aero.org
Tue May 10 13:07:20 UTC 2016

Hello Burn, thanks for your inputs.

Oddly enough in my lab, where this is working as expected, the name_format = NONE; and that is on my test server (server1), and also in both test clients (client1 and client2).

However, in my production environment, I would have to double check the setting /etc/audit/auditd.conf::name_format and see what it is set to because my instructions don't mention it; based on the email interaction with Steve Grubb.

Thanks for the prompt reply Burn.

Warron French, MBA, SCSA