audit 2.7.5 released

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Mon Apr 10 18:43:41 UTC 2017

Hello,

I've just released a new version of the audit daemon. It can be downloaded
from http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit. It will also be in rawhide
soon. The ChangeLog is:

- In auparse, output socket family name if unsupported but known
- In auparse, store arch & syscall fields in SECCOMP records for
interpretation
- In auparse_normalize, create an event_kind for seccomp events
- In auparse, when interpreting discard 'unknown' enriched fields

This release has less development than normal. This is because I run across
two bugs that I thought merit getting an updated audit daemon out sooner than
later. The first bug was reported Laurent Bigonville where it was noticed that
ausearch could be caused to segfault when it encountered a PF_PACKET socket
address.

The other bug was that SECCOMP events were not resolving the syscall when the
enriched event logging format was being used. This was corrected both in the
creation of records and in searching records that already had bad data in
them.

SHA256: 9ca4142fb6809367070a3f3449979055fa2daeb12a0a88c4874a0cfd02133922

Please let me know if you run across any problems with this release.