audit 2.7.3 released

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Fri Feb 24 22:19:14 UTC 2017

Hello,

I've just released a new version of the audit daemon. It can be downloaded
from http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit. It will also be in rawhide
soon. The ChangeLog is:

- Add one more comma to ausearch csv output
- Add support for KERN_MODULE event
- Add selectable escaping for ausearch/report output
- In auparse normalizer, always report session for syscalls
- Modify systemd service file to make auditd a forking type of service
- Adjust a couple of words to prevent collisions in normalizer
- Change object_type to object_kind in the normalizer
- Add rudementary data for AVC without a syscall record
- Document auparse_normalize function

This release adds initial support for the KERN_MODULE event. It fixes a systemd
race condition when booting up the system that loads a policy that makes the
audit rules immutable.

Ausearch and aureport gained a new command line switch to allow you to control
what kind of escaping it uses for the output. The options are raw, tty, shell,
and shell_quote. The default is tty if nothing is passed.

All the rest of the work was on the auparse_normalizer. There was one ABI
change where things were renamed from obj_type to obj_kind to better match
other things. Too much confusion around the word type since it is a field name,

This is the last release off of the fedorahosted svn server. All future commits
will be done on github and it will no longer be a mirror.

Please let me know if you run across any problems with this release.