AUDIT_NETFILTER_PKT message format

Patrick PIGNOL patrick.pignol at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 11:27:39 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I disagree !

Many people in the world would like to allow an software A to go to
internet through OUTPUT TCP port 80 but disallow software B to go to the
internet through this same OUTPUT TCP port 80. Don't you know about
viruses on linux ? Viruses ALWAYS use HTTP/HTTPS ports to get payloads
on internet and OUTPUT TCP port 443 COULD NOT be CLOSED for ALL SOFTWARE
if you want to access internet services (via internet browsers for example).

And we cannot know every dangerous IP in the world. Even because there
are new one every time in the world. There could be a not dangerous
server that became dangerous one because it became a hacked server.

So it's an EXCELLENT idea to make Software socket/PID accessible from
packet netfilter API. That could prevent some malware to access opened
standard ports and give to the users a way to make better protection
with closest control on which software ave right to get information from
the internet.

BE USER FRIENDLY PLEASE !!!!

Best regards,

Patrick PIGNOL