audit 2.8.4 released

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Tue Jun 19 19:38:12 UTC 2018

Hello,

I've just released a new version of the audit daemon. It can be
downloaded from http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit. It will also be
in rawhide soon. The ChangeLog is:

- Generate checkpoint file even when not results are returned (Burn Alting)
- Fix log file creation when file logging is disabled entirely (Vlad
Glagolev)
- Use SIGCONT to dump auditd internal state (#1504251)
- Fix parsing of virtual timestamp fields in ausearch_expression (#1515903)
- Fix parsing of uid & success for ausearch
- Hide lru symbols in auparse
- Fix aureport summary time range reporting
- Allow unlimited retries on startup for remote logging
- Add queue_depth to remote logging stats and increase default queue_depth
size

This is a bugfix release from the audit-2.8 maintenance branch. It is
entirely cherry picked bugfixes from the audit master branch. This might be
the last release for the 2.8 code base. We'll just have to see. Work on the
audit-3.0 release is moving along and is due for release around late summer.

SHA256: a410694d09fc5708d980a61a5abcb9633a591364f1ecc7e97ad5daef9c898c38

Please let me know if you run across any problems with this release.