Q: encryted log

Michael Halcrow mhalcrow at google.com
Tue Nov 27 23:01:47 UTC 2018

On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 10:15 PM Marko Horn <weber at zbfmail.de> wrote:

> hello,
> you can easily do an encrypted
> /var/log/auditlog partition
> and save the logs there

This has the disadvantage of reserving a fixed amount of disk space
for the logs.  If you need that reserved disk space for something
else, you don't have it. If you end up needing more space for the
logs, you don't have it.

If you're using ext4 or f2fs, another option is to use their native
encryption capability.  If you're using another local file system,
well, I haven't gotten around to ripping eCryptfs out of the kernel
yet, so there's also that.