[Question] audit_names use after delete in audit_filter_inodes

Paul Moore paul at paul-moore.com
Wed Aug 21 15:36:50 UTC 2019

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 5:31 AM Chen Wandun <chenwandun at huawei.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Recently, I hit a use after delete in audit_filter_inodes,

> the call stack is below:
> [321315.077117] CPU: 6 PID: 8944 Comm: DefSch0100 Tainted: G           OE  ----V-------   3.10.0-327.62.59.83.w75.x86_64 #1
> [321315.077117] Hardware name: OpenStack Foundation OpenStack Nova, BIOS rel-1.8.1-0-g4adadbd-20170107_142945-9_64_246_229 04/01/2014

It looks like this is a vendor kernel and not an upstream kernel, yes?
 Assuming that is the case I would suggest you contact your distro for
help/debugging/support; we simply don't know enough about your kernel
(what patches are included, how was it built/configured/etc.) to
comment with any certainty.

Linux Kernels based on v3.10.0 are extremely old from an upstream
perspective, with a number of fixes and changes to the audit subsystem
since v3.10.0 was released.  If you see the same problem on a modern
upstream kernel please let us know, we'll be happy to help.

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com