Security audit rules

Kadirvadivelu, Vezhavendan 1. (EXT - IN/Chennai) vezhavendan.1.kadirvadivelu.ext at nokia.com
Tue Nov 26 05:23:36 UTC 2019

Thanks Steve. That explains.

Regards,
Vezhavendan K

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Grubb <sgrubb at redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2019 7:08 PM
To: Kadirvadivelu, Vezhavendan 1. (EXT - IN/Chennai) <vezhavendan.1.kadirvadivelu.ext at nokia.com>
Cc: linux-audit at redhat.com; Richard Guy Briggs <rgb at redhat.com>
Subject: Re: Security audit rules

On Sunday, November 24, 2019 1:44:03 AM EST Kadirvadivelu, Vezhavendan 1.
(EXT - IN/Chennai) wrote:
> That's clear on the rules. Thanks for that, but my question is where
> should I place the file called 'audit.rules'. It should be under
> '/etc/audit' or '/etc/audit/rules.d' or in both places.

Nowhere. audit.rules is built by augenrules using the sorting method described in the man page for it. Again, there is a README-rules file that explains how this works. If you have specific things that you would like to add, then make a file for it and place it in /etc/audit/rules.d where it will get combined with other rule files. README-rules gives suggestions about how to name the file for predictable inclusion.

-Steve