[Linux-cachefs] Anybody out there?

Eric Van Hensbergen ericvh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 14:35:45 UTC 2005

On 4/25/05, David Howells <dhowells at redhat.com> wrote:
> Sean <seanb at lanl.gov> wrote:
>
> >     Other than spammers and David's patch tuesday, this list has been pretty
> >     quiet.  Is anyone working on an nfs-fscache patch?  I'm interested in
> >     using nfs-fscache on our clusters.  I pulled SteveD's 2.6.9 patch but
> >     haven't seen anything since then.
>
> Yes. We're working on it again here. I'm look at simplifying the FS-Cache
> interface, improving the performance of CacheFS and writing an alternative
> backend that can use cache files.

I've been working on a 9P2000 distributed file system port to Linux
(v9fs) -- the nature of the protocol is such that it is undesirable to
use the linux page cache or dcache for all file systems, however, for
static file systems it is desirable to have a cache layer provide
these services.  I was interested in trying to hook v9fs into CacheFS
-- are there any resources outside of the code to read up the
interface/implementation?  Where can the most recent sent of CacheFS
patches be grabed from?

  -eric