[Linux-cachefs] Newbie

Cesar Delgado cdelgad2 at bigred.unl.edu
Wed Feb 8 19:43:21 UTC 2006

Ok, so a little more on what I've been able to do.  Searching though
patches and such I've been able to fin a combination of patches that
seems to work.  When I mean work, I mean that the vanilla kernel has
patched cleanly and I can get a bzImage and modules compiled.  The
kernel has the -mm patch and the CacheFS patch with NFS support.  I've
put the patched kernel here:
http://cse.unl.edu/~cdelgado/cachefs/linux-2.6.9-mm1-cachefs.tar.bz2

This kernel boots my machine.  I'm in the midst of trying to find
another machine I can install this on and try to see if the NFS part
works or just dies.  So, just to be clear, I know the kernel compiles
and boots but I don't know if the cache-ing part actually works.  If
someone out there wants to download it and give it a shot I'd love to
know if they can get it to work.  I'm going to keep looking for another
box to try it myself.

I'll post more information as soon as I have it.

Cheers,

-Cesar