[Linux-cachefs] newbie:kernel panic with 2.6.14-mm2 patches

Sergey Vidyuk svidyuk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 11:15:22 UTC 2006

Thanks David for great cachefs.It's may solve several of my problems :-)
I've get patches from http://people.redhat.com/~dhowells/cachefs/
patching and kernel compilation was successful but when i'm trying to
boot the new kernel
i've got kernel panic- unable to mount unknown-block(8,  17)(my root
partition /dev/sdb1)
it determine that i have sda and sdb and found partitions on it.Then i
check (using livecd) that device files /dev/sdb* exists...
It's a known issue? Is there any new patches for 2.6.15 or 2.6.16?