[Linux-cachefs] CacheFS performance issue

Derek Siu golf1123 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 12:26:20 UTC 2006

Hi,

> Also, if, say, you're NFS connection is running over GigE, then you're almost
> certainly going to be worse off with a cache.  You have to decide from your
> collection of circumstances whether a cache will be a gain or a loss.

Then under what circumstances should I choose to use the cache? Do you
mean that the cache will only be beneficial under really slow
connection?? I am not using Gigabit Ethernet but Fast Ethernet.
Wouldn't NFS client still benefits from using the cache with a heavy
loaded server (for example, around 200 clients)?

Derek