[Linux-cachefs] FS-Cache for NFS-root ?

Wilhelm Meier wilhelm.meier at fh-kl.de
Wed Jan 17 19:59:03 UTC 2007

Am Dienstag, 16. Januar 2007 21:07 schrieb David Howells:
> Wilhelm Meier <wilhelm.meier at fh-kl.de> wrote:
> > Wouldn't it be simpler to include a new kernel option "fsc" to
> > the "nfsroot"-parameter in the FS-Cache patches?
>
> Not really; you may still need to run a userspace component (eg:
> cachefilesd).

O.k.

I made a rudimentary initramfs (see attached), but I'm not sure if I did it
the right way. The problem is, that the rootfs remains mounted (to the
unreachable mount-pount /fscache) after switch_root.

How can one get some statistics from cachefilesd? It looks like the cache
isn't filled very much: I copied /usr (of the cached root-filesystem)
to /dev/null and the cache gets about 13M of data whereas /usr is more than
1G of data.

--
Wilhelm