[Linux-cachefs] FS-Cache for NFS-root ?

Eli Stair estair at ilm.com
Sat Jan 13 19:01:20 UTC 2007

That's up on my own TODO, and given a cursory appraisan, here are some thoughts:

You'll have to use initramfs/busybox to perform the boot (if you haven't already switched from nfsroot).

Statically compile and include the modified mount utils so your initramfs tools can properly flag the root mount you transition to.  At first shot, I had a problem running my static rpc.mountd, haven't gotten back to it yet, so no more hard info.  I believe packaging it in or patching the busybox/buildroot toolchain tools will fix it.

At the point when we get this working, the only remaining step is to load the cachefilesd daemon after preparing local storage in said booted machine.

/eli