[Linux-cachefs] FS-Cache for NFS-root ?

David Howells dhowells at redhat.com
Wed Jan 17 20:18:26 UTC 2007

Wilhelm Meier <wilhelm.meier at fh-kl.de> wrote:

> I made a rudimentary initramfs (see attached), but I'm not sure if I did it
> the right way. The problem is, that the rootfs remains mounted (to the
> unreachable mount-pount /fscache) after switch_root.

Hmmm...  I think this might have to wait until I get back from my holiday in
Australia (Feb).  At that point I'll have my test machine to hand again and
can try it for myself.  Sorry about that.

> How can one get some statistics from cachefilesd? It looks like the cache
> isn't filled very much: I copied /usr (of the cached root-filesystem)
> to /dev/null and the cache gets about 13M of data whereas /usr is more than
> 1G of data.

du, find, /proc/sys/fs/nfs/fscache_*

I should probably add some stats gathering stuff to FS-Cache when I've
finished fixing it up .

David