[Linux-cachefs] FS-Cache for NFS-root ?

Eli Stair estair at ilm.com
Wed Jan 17 20:38:38 UTC 2007

Wilhelm Meier wrote:
> I made a rudimentary initramfs (see attached), but I'm not sure if I did it
> the right way. The problem is, that the rootfs remains mounted (to the
> unreachable mount-pount /fscache) after switch_root.

Can you indicate your /proc/mounts content indicating this, are you
symlinking /etc/mtab to it?  For reference, I'm not having this problem
when mounting with mount.nfs, adding 'fsc' flag, and performing
switch_root from within an initramfs.  Might it be a simple issue with
/etc/mtab, or possibly lingering cruft if you don't mount with "-n"?

Here's my shortened /proc/mounts output for the point:

   rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0
   10.1.2.3:/path / nfs
rw,vers=3,hard,nolock,fsc,proto=udp,sec=sys,addr=10.1.2.3 0 0

/eli