[Linux-cachefs] FS-Cache for NFS-root ?

Eli Stair estair at ilm.com
Fri Jan 19 01:01:24 UTC 2007

I actually refrain from running 'cachefilesd' until the system is
running in the NFS root filesystem, and start it at the end of a
runlevel.  I don't know that you can work around the issue you're having
short of launching it that way, or stopping the daemon while in your
initramfs but before doing your switch_root().  You may be able to work
around it if you /really/ want to cache those files during boot (I
understand), if you ditch your bind mount and to a --move instead.
After all, you don't want the filesystem available in two places, just
in a /new/ one.

In fact, I'm not entirely sure that move trick will work with the
running daemon, but let us know?

/eli