[Linux-cachefs] Using FS-Cache as a caching proxy server for Samba

Morten Halkjær mortenhalkjaer at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 18:48:21 UTC 2007

Thanks for your quick reply. You've got it. It's is exactly what I'm trying
to do. I can get both NFS+cachefiles and NFS+Samba to work but when I
integrate all of them I get a terrible kernel error message. Here is part of
the kernel dump:

Message from syslogd at new-host-2 at Tue Mar 6 23:35:39 2007 ...
new-host-2 kernel: Leftover inexact backtrace

Message from syslogd at new-host-2 at Tue Mar 6 23:35:39 2007 ...
new-host-2 kernel: EIP: [<f8cfa254>] nfs_fscache_release_page+0x1f/05b [nfs]
SS:ESP 0068:d5614e04

I have installed the package:
  cachefilesd-0.7-3.fc7.i386.rpm
and I've also tried with
  cachefilesd-0.7-2.fc6.i386.rpm
but neither of them works. When I install version 0.8 I get the errno 95
operation not support message and hence it doesn't work ;)

When I replace Samba with JLan (a Java version of CIFS) then everything
works perfectly well.

Morten