[Linux-cachefs] endin

Minette Reyers turfy at foissier.com
Fri Aug 21 21:02:44 UTC 2009

Ery book contains, besides misprints, some statements which the author
would be glad to modify if he could. In Chapter V of _Diversions in
Sicily_ it is stated that the seating arrangements of the marionette
theatre in Catania would be condemned by the County Council, which I
believe to be correct, but, on visiting the theatre since, I find I was
wrong in saying that there are no passages; I did not see them on my
first visit because the audience hid them. Again, in Chapter XVI it is
stated that Giovanni Grasso enters in the third act of _La Morte
Civile_, whereas he enters in the second act. I have since seen the play
several times, and, though it is tedious, it is not so much so as to
justify a spectator in thinking any of its acts long enough for two. In
Chapter IV I say that the Government makes an annual profit of 3,000,000
pounds sterling out of the lottery, but I do not say whether this profit
is gross or net. There is a paragraph in the _Morning Post_, 12
September, 1911, which states clearly that never since the union of
Italy has the State lottery been so productive as in the present year of
Jubilee; the gross yield has been 3,715,088 pounds, and the net gain,
after deducting commissions and prizes, 1,489,180 pounds. In Chapter XV
it is stated that the words of the play in Signor Greco's marionette
theatre in Palermo