[Linux-cachefs] CENTOS kernel 2.6.18

scott scott at kwki.net
Sun Dec 20 07:49:34 UTC 2009

Hi David

I have done quit good job on CENTOS 5.3 with kernel 2.6.30.10 upgraded.

Also updated NFS, cachefilesd with fedora version 9.

It works for file caching through NFS from remote host.

Problem is kernel. CENTOS 5.3 uses 2.6.18 still and 2.6.30 is still undergo.

I fetched kernel-2.6.30.10 to my system and compiled it. It was functioning
ok.

But this server is used for heavy traffic and heavy download service. Once
it started

It quickly became to reach over 150 load ave and hung.

Is there any way we can run cachefiles on kernel 2.6.18 ?

This system needs only transfer files from NFS server (needs readonly
only.).

I recompiled kernel 2.6.18 with FSCACHE modules. But cachefiles daemon
doesn't start.

NFS also doesn't start with option fsc.

Please advise me and help me.