[Linux-cachefs] Re: Fedora kernel testing

Daire Byrne Daire.Byrne at framestore.com
Mon Jan 26 18:27:24 UTC 2009

----- "Daire Byrne" <Daire.Byrne at framestore.com> wrote:

> It seems these are heavily integrated into the security branch
> and so I can't really tell how to get a 2.6.28 tree like Fedora's
> patched up with all the required bits to get the latest FS-Cache
> to build. Is there a bare minimum of cred patches that can be
> applied to 2.6.28.1 to get the fs-cache working?

Nevermind. It looks like the creds patches made it into 2.6.29 so I am
now using the fc11 (rawhide) kernel RPM for testing.

> On a related note is there any desire to maintain fs-cache in the
> Fedora kernels as a way of testing more widely? I read with interest
> the discussion about getting fs-cache into the upstream kernel (and
> am of course all for it) but it looks like it will be a few more
> releases yet - if at all.

Seeing as fc11 will use 2.6.29 and the v44 fscache goes in without any
modification perhaps the Fedora peeps might be interested in rolling
fscache into their kernel and maintaining it?

Daire