[Linux-cachefs] ext4 and NTFS support?

Daire.Byrne at framestore.com Daire.Byrne at framestore.com
Wed Jun 3 13:26:31 UTC 2009

David,

Have you tested ext4 with cachefilesd - should it work? It doesn't for me using Fedora's 2.6.29 kernel and thr fscache-47 patches (Cachefiles: Lookup failed error -1).

Do you think it would be possible to use NTFS-3G as the cache store? I tried mounting an NTFS partition using "streams_interface=xattr" but cachfilesd doesn't like that much. I was using the FUSE based version of NTFS so that may be related? The reason I'm interested in this is because we are booting Linux on Windows PCs using USB sticks and it would be great if we could use a dir on the NTFS partition to cache data. I have created a loopback ext3 file on the NTFS partition and this works okay but it would be nice to be able to use the filesystem directly.

Regards,

Daire