[Linux-cachefs] Re: ext4 and NTFS support?

Szabolcs Szakacsits szaka at ntfs-3g.org
Mon Jun 22 18:34:27 UTC 2009

Rince <rincebrain <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Using NTFS as a backing store isn't reasonable at present because ntfs-3g
> doesn't do permission handling in any sane fashion,

The Advanced NTFS-3G  driver has full file ownership and permission support.
Actually we are maintaining the free POSIX file system test suite and make
sure the drive keep passing all the 3600+ tests, including lots of related
ones: http://ntfs-3g.org/pjd-fstest.html

> much less xattrs,

The Advanced NTFS-3G driver support all xattr namespaces. The basic driver
currently supports only the "user" namespace since version 2009.2.1.

Regards, Szaka

--
http://ntfs-3g.org