[Linux-cachefs] CacheFS status

Suresh Jayaraman sjayaraman at suse.de
Fri Jul 9 17:23:21 UTC 2010

On 07/09/2010 10:15 PM, Gilliam, PaulX J wrote:

> The 'flaw' David mentioned will not effect my use because it is related to the way hard disks work and I am using SSD's for backing store.
>
> If anyone comes up with a fix or workaround to make cacheFS work better with hard disks for backing store, I would diffidently be interested, just to make sure it will continue to work fine with SSD's, if for no other reason.
>
> Plus, in the sprit of open source software development, I would hope that we can work together and make cacheFD work for everyone.  There are many elements to this design that make it superior to the alternative (cachefiles).

yes, I should admit that I was impressed when reading about CacheFS and
its design. However, I'm not sure whether I understand the design flaw
that is being discussed (I'll have to dig up the mailing lists, I think).

> Suresh, I hope you will join the fun.

I would need to understand it better before I comment, but why not if I
could do something...

Thanks,

Suresh Jayaraman