[Linux-cachefs] A question about fscache

guomingyang guomingyang at nrchpc.ac.cn
Sun Sep 26 07:40:35 UTC 2010

Hi David:

    I'm trying to use nfs with fscache feather in Linux kernel and find a problem. If a file is opened in a flag other than read-only once, the file can't be cached until the inode struct in memory destruct.  That is because an open with flags other than O_RDONLY will clear NFS_INO_FSCACHE flag. My question is, isn't it too strict? Or why fscache can't be a cache for both reading and writing data just like page cache?

    Awaiting for your reply. Thank you very much.

2010-09-26

guomingyang