[Linux-cachefs] Fscache writeback integrated?

Milosz Tanski milosz at adfin.com
Wed May 22 02:28:10 UTC 2013

Hi,

While doing a quick search for this mailing list I found that there's
been some work done (recently) in adding a writeback cache for NFS
ontop of fscache (here:
http://www.jiayi.net/works/nfsfscache-writeback-cache/#NFS_1) Has this
been merged previously? It looks like the guy was able to get some
impressive write performance improvements.

I ask because I would love to integrate it into the fscache code for
Ceph when I'm fairly confident in the RO implementation.

Our use case involves a very large distributed database for analytics
data. Our machines that end up performing the crunching of the data
have large SSD drives that we're planning on using as a local cache
for the Ceph filesystem. Being able to do write-back would greatly
help with our cases when we're bulk importing new data / merging small
table segments.

Best,
- Milosz