Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS 6.0 crashing x86_64 machine

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 08:46, Adam Manthei wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 07:48:02AM -0700, micah nerren wrote:
> >
> > The system crashes. At the console, there are tons of system calls being
> > listed, and at the bottom of the screen:
> >
> > Code: 39 d0 75 f8 85 c9 74 10 8b 44 24 14 39 d0 74 08 8b 44 24 14
> > Console Shuts up:
> >    pid: 3547, lock_gulmd Not tainted
> > RIP: 0010
> >

> > So... Any ideas on what may be causing this?
> Those "tons of system calls being listed" are really quite useful if not
> necessary to tell you what the problem is.  My gut feeling is that there is
> a stack overrun that is happening.

I could try to post them if anybody would find that useful. I will write
all that down and attempt to post it coherently. Is there any way to
capture that kind of info to a file?

> > This seems to be a supported platform for this tool according to redhat.
> Correct.
> > Has anybody used GFS 6.0 on this kernel rev on x86_64 and if so,
> > how did you get it to work?
> Yup.  I just used the rpms. Perhaps you compiled it with debugging options
> enabled?  (I don't know if that would make the stack bigger)

All I did was 'rpmbuild --rebuild GFS-6.0.0-1.2.src.rpm'

That created the following rpms:

Of those, I have the following actually installed:

Do you have any build instructions for getting them to work properly?
Could something built into my running kernel cause this? I am building a
new kernel from source right now to see if the binary kernel rpm I used
had some sort of problem.

Could it be related to the HBA I am using as well?