Re: [Linux-cluster] Re: [ANNOUNCE] OpenSSI 1.0.0 released!!

Daniel Phillips wrote:

On Saturday 31 July 2004 12:00, Walker, Bruce J wrote:

In the 2.4 implementation, providing this one capability by
leveraging devfs was quite economic, efficient and has been very stable.

I wonder if device-mapper (slightly hacked) wouldn't be a better approach for 2.6+.

It appeared from the original posting that their "cluster-wide devfs" actually supported all types of device nodes, not just block devices. I don't know whether accessing a character device on another node would ever be useful, but certainly using device-mapper wouldn't help for that case.