[Linux-cluster] gnbd: finiband supprt and multi-device to one device mapping

Guochun Shi gshi at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Aug 3 19:19:43 UTC 2004

hi,

I am interested in adding 2 features in gnbd:

1. finiband support for communication between a gnbd client and a gnbd server.

2. multi-device to one device mapping: multiples servers export their devices and one client import from those servers. The client sees one device, who is a wrapper device for all devices in servers. Writing/reading to the device will be distributed to different servers according to different writing/reading position, size, etc ....

I did not find any design document for gnbd so far. I will certainly be grateful if someone can point me to any URL for that.

comments and suggestions are welcome.

thanks
-Guochun