[Linux-cluster] GFS 5.2.1-28.3.0.11 file system courrption

we are currently running GFS with 8 IO nodes attached to a DDN s2a. We recently had GFS crashing any time larger number of file were being accessed. It turned out that One of the file system was corrupted. We discovered the issue only by chance when I ran fsck.gfs on the file system. It ran for 20+ and correct many corruptions.

My question is how robust is gfs. How can one test file system for corruption without running fsck.

thanks