[Linux-cluster] GFS 5.2.1-28.3.0.11 file system courrption

MAHMOUD HANAFI hanafim at asc.hpc.mil
Wed Aug 4 18:37:42 UTC 2004

we are currently running GFS with 8 IO nodes attached to a DDN s2a. We
recently had GFS crashing any time larger number of file were being
accessed. It turned out that One of the file system was corrupted. We
discovered the issue only by chance when I ran fsck.gfs on the file
system. It ran for 20+ and correct many corruptions.

My question is how robust is gfs. How can one test file system for
corruption without running fsck.

thanks