Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS 6.0 crashing x86_64 machine

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 08:33, Michael Conrad Tadpol Tilstra wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 06:12:01PM -0700, micah nerren wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 07:40, Michael Conrad Tadpol Tilstra wrote:
> > > On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 01:59:55PM -0700, micah nerren wrote:
> > > [snip]
> > > [snip]
> > >
> > > yeah, looks like a stack overflow.
> > > here's a patch that I put in for 6.0.  (patch works on 6.0.0-7)
> > >

> > I applied the patch to 6.0.0-7, rebuild the entire package, and I still
> > get the crash when I mount. Below is the text of the crash.
> >
> > Any ideas? I double and triple checked that the patch was indeed applied
> > to the code I was building and it was.
>
> well, it could still be a stack overflow, just some other function
> pushing it over the edge.  I'll look over things later.  Mostly just
> looking for things in the stack space of the functions listed in the
> backtrace for things that can take out of the stack and put onto the
> heap. (run sentence run!)

FYI, I tried this with a few different HBA's, that didn't work. I
thought perhaps it could be some funny interaction with the driver but
that doesn't seem to be the case.

If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know! Up to and
including allowing access to the machines running the software if that
will help you debug it.

Thanks,

Micah