[Linux-cluster] Multicast for GFS?

Lazar Obradovic laza at yu.net
Tue Aug 10 12:11:50 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 11:29, Patrick Caulfield wrote:
> OK, I've had to do this slightly differently, using gethostname2_r, it has
> the same effect. It behaves itself on my cluster but let me know if I've missed
> anything.

It's ok, just that I wanted cleaner solution (cleaner = w/o additional
vars).

As you might notice, TTL is fixed to a value of 10, and it might be
interesting to take this out of the code, and place it somewhere in
cluster.conf. Do you think this is ok?

how about something like:

#define MCAST_TTL_PATH          "//cluster/cman/multicast/@ttl"

Let me know if this is generaly a good idea, I'll work on details if you
do agree.

I also started to change ccs a bit for mcast support. It turns out that
ccs has a lot of definitions hardcoded. Can I take 'em out and put into
separate header file (comm_header.h looks nice :)?

--
Lazar Obradovic, System Engineer
-----