Re: [Linux-cluster] Re: [cgl_discussion] Re: [dcl_discussion] Clustersummit materials

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 10:30:29PM +0200, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> On 2004-08-13T11:54:41,
>    Jonathan Stanton <jonathan cnds jhu edu> said:
>
> > If you havn't looked at it already, you might want to try out the Spread
> > group communication system.
> >
> > http://www.spread.org/
>
> The intel lawyers have identified the Spread license to be
> GPL-incompatible.
>
> Otherwise, I agree, Spread is very nice. If those issues could be
> resolved, that may be an interesting option too.
>
> (I think the advertising clause and something else clash with the
> (L)GPL; I can put you in contact with the Intel folks if you wish to
> resolve this.)

I would appreciate that. We did choose our licensing for what I think are
good reasons, but we have also worked in the past with outside projects
with possible license conflicts and have been able to resolve them. So I
would like to understand exactly what the issues are.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan cs jhu edu
Dept. of Computer Science
Johns Hopkins University