[Linux-cluster] RHEL3/kernel 2.4/GFS 6.0 and 2TB limit

Within the next weeks/months I'd like to setup a GFS cluster on > 2TB
storage backends.

There are 2TB (or 1TB) limits for fs (and/or block devices?) for
2.4/32bits. What is the best way to proceed/plan?

I understand kernel 2.6 and GFS/cvs lift the limits, should I replace
the RHEL3's 2.4 kernel with 2.6 and go GFS/cvs? What about the cluster
suite, would it still play nice with GFS/cvs and kernel 2.6?

Are there any plans for pushing out a GFS release within the next 1-2
months, or any known RHEL plans wrt GFS? If I know that RHEL3 or some
other setup will support > 2TB storage backends in the near future I
can start setting up and testing the cluster.

Thanks!
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net