[Linux-cluster] GFS Performance Best Practices

I've got GFS 6.0 successfully loaded and running with two nodes.  Now that
I'm satisfied with that, I want to expand this and move into an operational
environment.  Something like 10 nodes with 4-5 partitions.  There will be a
mix of nodes and partitions, like node 1 mounting partitions 2, 3, and 4;
node 2 mounting partitions 3, 4, and 5; and so on.  The administration
guide is pretty weak on best practices, and I want to maximize performance.
Can anyone provide pointers to where I might find this or offer some tips
on set up or things to avoid?

Thanks,
Paul