[Linux-cluster] Subversion?

John Cherry cherry at osdl.org
Mon Aug 23 17:07:22 UTC 2004

I understand that subversion is quite nice, but kernel developers have
adopted bitkeeper (at least Linus and several of his maintainers).
While you may not need all the distributed capabilities of bitkeeper
now, it is sure nice to have a tool that allows for non-local
repositories and change set tracking outside of the main repository (as
Kevin so clearly stated).

Since mainline kernel acceptance of the core services is one of the
objectives here, I would certainly recommend that you consider bitkeeper
for source control as well.

Regards,
John