[Linux-cluster] D Apache processes

Hello,

We have apache running on 14 GFS nodes where the web roots are shared
via GFS. Occasionally we see that the load on all nodes rises
dramatically (to 150+) and all httpd processes become dead (D). I know
this is a little lacking in details but does anyone have any insight
into this? We suspected perhaps a cron job was running simultaneously
against the GFS file system on all nodes but have virtually ruled this
out.

Please help - this is very alarming.

Thanks in advance,
Duncan Morgan