[Linux-cluster] Two-node problems

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Thu Dec 9 16:57:32 UTC 2004

Hi, gang.

We're trying to do a GFS test on a two node cluster.  In our offices,
the test worked very well and we're trying to put it up for "real world"
testing.

We're sorting out an issue with the hardware in one of the nodes (it
keeps crashing).  However, when it dies, node 2 loses quorum and
activity on the cluster ceases.  I thought the purpose of

     <cman two-node="1" expected_votes="1">
         <multicast addr="224.0.0.1"/>
     </cman>

was to prevent a loss of quorum on a two node cluster when one node
goes down.  Can someone enlighten me?
-        Polygon: A dead parrot (With apologies to John Cleese)      -