Re: [Linux-cluster] Hard lockups when writing a lot to GFS

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 17:31, Rick Stevens wrote:
> I have a two-node setup on a dual-port SCSI SAN.  Note this is just
> for test purposes.  Part of the SAN is a GFS filesystem shared between
> the two nodes.
>
> When we fetch content to the GFS filesystem via an rsync pull (well,
> several rsync pulls) on node 1, it runs for a while then node 1 hard
> locks (nothing on the console, network dies, console dies, it's frozen
> solid).

Try putting "nmi_watchdog=1" on the kernel command line.  This will
hopefully cause the hung machine to crash, producing a stack trace on
the console. This may provide clues as to the cause. If you are running
PowerPath, or anything like that, try a test without it.

Tom