[Linux-cluster] A very basic question

tomc at teamics.com tomc at teamics.com
Mon Dec 13 17:30:53 UTC 2004

I have moved my php session handles into Mysql and had the Mysql
clustering engine maintain the Sync among the web servers.   It is not
only faster, but simpler besides.

tc

"Duncan Morgan" <dmorgan at gmi-mr.com>
Sent by: linux-cluster-bounces at redhat.com
12/13/04 10:59 AM
Please respond to linux clistering

        To:     "'linux clistering'" <linux-cluster at redhat.com>
        cc:     (bcc: Tom Currie/teamics)
        Subject:        RE: [Linux-cluster] A very basic question

Anatoly,

We plan on using GFS to share a web document root (i.e.- /var/www) to a
series of load-balanced web servers. The application to be run on these
web servers is PHP/MySQL and is predominantly read-only for the web
files (writes done mainly to the database). The biggest problem we have
is the PHP session id directory which will experience heavy writes.

Duncan