Re: [Linux-cluster] Heavy writing to GFS partition bringing down GFS cluster

It seems we observed something similar in our cluster (20 nodes)
when testing Bonnie in parallel ( using -s 5000, ie 5GB per node).

We have Opteron CPUs, do you also use opterons?

Marcelo

Duncan Morgan wrote:

We are not 100% certain of this but think that very heavy reads/writes
on a GFS mount elevate the load on the individual nodes considerably and
result in crashing the entire (14-node) cluster. It appears that a
shared PHP session ID directory is the primary cause of this.

Does anyone have any experience similar to this?

Thanks in advance,
Duncan Morgan