[Linux-cluster] GFS usage with MySQL

Lazar Obradovic laza at yu.net
Mon Dec 20 12:58:27 UTC 2004

You should check this out:

http://www.mysql.com/products/cluster/

You don't need GFS nor a shared storage for it. I'm using it for a
shared Bayes database for SpamAssassin and for storing sessions for our
web farm. It's still work-in-a-progress, but it works fairly good
(almost no glitches :)

Thinking about your idea, I'm not quite sure that it will work with
MySQL after all (and, if you even do manage to make it work, I'm pretty
sure it will have severe performance penalty).

Note to list admin: could you please change the value of a List-Id:
header field? I'm not sure that 'linux clistering' is the right name for
the list ;)

On Sun, 2004-12-19 at 16:12 -0500, Benoit de Mulder wrote:
> I would like to know if there are some users of this list using GFS
> for mysql databases. I have some issues with the replication delay (I
> need a sync time less than 3s between 4 DB servers)
>
> I'm planning to use GFS (setup on multipath GNBD devices and Gigabit
> network ) in order to share a database among multiples MySQL server.
>
> MySQL will use external lock method with MyISAM tables and GFS will be
> mounted with the noatime option.
>
> I was planning to test two scenarios:
> - multiple write servers, all gfs volume mounted RW
> - one write and 3 servers with database mounted RO
>
> Does someone get an experience with a similar setup and some feedback
> about perfomances and reliability ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Benoit

Lazar Obradovic, System Engineer
-----
laza at YU.net
YUnet International http://www.EUnet.yu
Dubrovacka 35/III, 11000 Belgrade
Tel: +381 11 3119901; Fax: +381 11 3119901
-----
This e-mail is confidential and intended only for the recipient.
Unauthorized distribution, modification or disclosure of its
contents is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender by telephone +381 11 3119901.
-----