[Linux-cluster] GNBD, how good it is ?

Gareth Bult Gareth at Bult.co.uk
Sat Jul 10 21:42:45 UTC 2004

Hi,

> Did you find the GFS documentation I wrote?
> It's available at:
>
> https://open.datacore.ch/page/GFS
> https://open.datacore.ch/page/GFS.Install

I certainly did, very nice it is too .. :)

> The later document includes two sample cluster.xml files for a two node
> setup and for a three node setup with manual fencing.

Urm, yes, it does.

However, after reading some of the 6.0 docs, this covers about 2% of the
things you can do with cluster.xml .. (!)

After getting a cluster "working" I started looking at services, shared
IP's etc .. I didn't really stand a chance with all the "don't edit by
hand" stuff in the 6.0 docs - they don't list the cluster.xml's to go
with the examples, they just give screen shots of the config apps ... :(

Regards,
Gareth.